Neurology & Neurosurgery
M R Hospitals, Chennai for Neurology and Neurosurgery is an integrated department to provide exhaustive medical solutions to all types of neurological disorders. This unit has a perfect blend of best medical and surgical expertise of eminent neurologists and neurosurgeons, constant research and development and latest technology. Our expert care is aided by the state-of-the-art infrastructure from life-saving intervention for acute brain trauma to skillful management of chronic illnesses through medicine or surgery. This department is one of the most successful units in Chennai as it has diagnosed and treated hundreds of neurological disorders of patients along with some very rare and complex cases.
This Department is Headed by Dr.Gobinathan M.D.(Gen),D.M.(Neuro), and Dr.Preetha M.D.(Gen),D.M.(Neuro),
The department has two divisions Neurology and Neurosurgery which work in sync to provide best diagnostic and treatment facilities for brain and nervous system disorders.
The Department of Neurology at M R Hospitals, Chennai is dedicated and fully equipped to provide excellent medical treatment par neurological disorders and deals with a wide spectrum of cranial and spinal disorders with the help of state-of-the-art neuroimaging techniques.
The Department of Neurosurgery at M R Hospitals, Chennai is fully equipped to perform simple as well as critical surgeries related to the brain, spinal cord, and nerves along with all routine emergencies of head injuries and cerebrovascular accidents.
Scope of Services
- All types of brain and spinal tumors
- Various grades of cranial and spinal trauma
- Various degenerative disorders of the spine
- All kinds of spinal instrumentation (including percutaneous)
- Intracranial aneurysms or arteriovenous malformations
- Cranial and spinal endoscopic procedures like endoscopic third ventriculostomy and spinal discectomy
- Skull base lesions
- Disc herniation and replacement
- Congenital and vascular malformations